Our Core Competencies
Acquisitions • Asset Management • Development and Construction
We acquire, develop and manage for our own account but we also provide third-party services in Acquisitions, Asset Management, Development and Construction. Our team has developed institutional quality real estate in all major cities on the East Coast of the United States and it has acquired Core, Core Plus, Value Add and Opportunistic real estate in all major markets in the United States.
The team has acquired assets across all product types totaling more than $15 Billion and 50 million square feet in 20 plus markets. In doing so, we have built deep relationships with the influential brokers, lawyers and property owners/tenants in many communities enabling us to create opportunities that were not apparent to others.
We generally make investments in:
- Assets which the seller has underleased, undermanaged or underinvested
- Contrarian plays
- Assets that can be repositioned to be better suited for current and future market trends
Since 2010, 1788 holdings has:
- Acquired two sites in Bethesda where we have developed high-end residential projects with a combined value of over $250 million.
- Acquired an option on a site to build a $150 million second phase for one of the aforementioned residential projects.
- Acquired seven Class B two-story office buildings which sit on 31 acres in the heart of the North Rockville submarket. We are currently entitling this site for a 2 million sf mixed use town center project which we intend to develop over the next 10 years.
- Acquired a site in Friendship Heights where we intend to entitle and develop a 300,000 sf trophy residential complex.
1788 has extensive experience in creating and executing multiple strategies to maximize returns for our partners for the lifecycle of each asset.
We take a holistic approach to asset management:
- Identify ways to improve asset’s competitive position in the market and execute on the strategy.
- Leverage our tenant and broker relationships as well as our reputation for being customer friendly and repositioning, to outperform the market vis-à-vis leasing.
- Actively identify ways to reduce expenses, without sacrificing service or quality, through operational changes and responsible investment.
- Monitor the capital markets to ascertain optimal windows for either refinancing or disposing of investments.
Development and Construction
The 1788 team has developed and constructed over $5 billion of real estate nationwide across every product type. We create unique and compelling real estate environments through thoughtful land planning and entitlement execution. We create these environments bybuilding high quality teams to develop and oversee construction so that we deliver our projects on time and on budget.
Some of our past and present projects include:
1717 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Lincoln Park 1, 2 & 3
Parkway Corporate Center
at Quarry Springs
The Lauren Residences
The George Washington
Law Learning Center
The George Washington
School of Public Health
Loudon Tech Center